Healthy Food, Healthy Planet
“Healthy Food Healthy Planet” is all about helping you to make the food and lifestyle choices that will protect your health and the health of our planet.
With childhood obesity rates now around 25% and with Australians being identified as being among the highest producers of waste globally, we need to address these issues urgently.
Nutrition Australia, through the Healthy Food Healthy Planet website, is aiming to support you with the knowledge you need to take some important steps that will make a difference to your health and the health of our planet in the future.
- planning, budgeting, and shopping for meals to ensure you eat enough fruit, vegetables, wholegrains and other whole foods each day and less packaged and ‘fast’ foods
- swapping ingredients to keep the meals you choose healthy
- encouraging you to buy local, fresh and seasonal produce where possible
- how to store food carefully
- things you can do to waste less food