How to Use a Menu Plan
These menus are designed to give you an idea of how to achieve a healthy balanced meal plan for your family without spending too much time in the kitchen or too much money. Breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dessert are provided as individual serves. Dinner recipes provided cater for families of 4-6 people or 1 or 2 serves for couples and singles.
If you see an asterisk* next to a food item then you will find the recipe in our recipe section of this website.
- A highlight of this week's menu is the lemon dressing on the 'Grilled Fish with Oven-Baked Spring Vegetables' - simple, but a great taste sensation! ...And it's all cooked in one baking dish in the oven, leaving very few pots and pans to clean up afterwards.
- The menu for week 2 includes a 'Lamb Fillet with a Quince Glaze served with vegetables'. The lamb dish is very quick to cook, and if you cook double the suggested amount of lamb, you will have enough to make the 'Thai Lamb Salad' as an interesting and healthy lunch later in the week. Remember, if you don't have time to cook some of the suggested vegetable dishes - you can always just steam your vegies!
- It's not always easy cooking for two - saving time and minimising waste is important. This week we focus on re-using leftovers for lunch. Leftover mince from Wednesday's 'Beef and Bean Burritos' can be used again for Thursday's 'Quesadilla' lunch. Monday night's 'Thai Chicken Pizza' provides a healthy gourmet alternative to takeaway pizza!
- This is the week for delicious lunches! ...Who says lunch has to be all about sandwiches? Look forward to 'Chicken Rice Paper Rolls' and 'Zucchini Slice'.
- This week includes tasty breakfasts like 'Tomato and Basil Bruschetta' and 'Ranch Style Eggs' to ensure you don't get stuck in a breakfast rut! Tuesday night's 'Veggie Packed Rissoles' are delicious.
- You don't need to eat out to experience food this good. This week's signature dish is 'San Choy Bow' - quick and easy to prepare, and tasty to boot!