How to Use a Menu Plan
These menus are designed to give you an idea of how to achieve a healthy balanced meal plan for your family without spending too much time in the kitchen or too much money. Breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dessert are provided as individual serves. Dinner recipes provided cater for families of 4-6 people or 1 or 2 serves for couples and singles.
If you see an asterisk* next to a food item then you will find the recipe in our recipe section of this website.
- This week's menu includes a delicious chick pea curry served with rice - an economical, nutritious and great flavour option for a family. You can make it in bulk, freeze and store for use another night when there's no time to cook!
- Meals in this week's menu such as the "Honey Soy Chicken and Vegetable Stir fry' and the 'Greek Salad' (as a side with steak), are excellent quick options for families. If you don't have time to chop up fresh vegetables, use frozen stir fry vegetables (available at your supermarket). Alternatively, if your children are old enough, ask them to lend a hand preparing vegetables!
- Saving time and minimising waste are the focus of this week’s menu, with dinner leftovers used for lunch later in the week. Leftover mince from Tuesday night’s family favorite, ‘Beef and Bean Burritos’, can be used in Thursday’s ‘Quesadilla’ lunch. Monday night's 'Thai Chicken Pizza' also provides a healthy alternative to takeaway pizza!
- This week is about experimenting with different ways to present familiar foods - making food fun! 'Chicken Rice Paper Rolls' and 'Soft Fish Tacos' are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- Try to involve your kids in cooking this week! Get them rolling the 'Vegie Packed Rissoles' for you, or have them spoon the 'Blueberry Muffins' mixture into the tin. Freeze leftover muffins for morning or afternoon tea during the week - simply microwave for 30 seconds and enjoy!
- This week we use a slow cooker for our 'Seven Vegetable Morrocan Stew' - this recipe is a great opportunity to increase both the amount and the variety of vegetables eaten by the family. We also encourage you to use your BBQ during the week for our ‘Barbecued Fish Skewers with Couscous Salad’. Saturday night's 'San Choy Bow' is sure to please the kids... no knives or forks!