Beetroot Chickpea and Feta Salad
- 2 cups roasted cubed sweet potato optional
- 450 grams tinned baby beetroot drained and chopped
- 400 grams tinned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 50 grams rocket leaves
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 80 grams reduced fat feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sunflower or pumpkin seeds toasted
- Roast sweet potato cubes until tender and add to bowl. (optional ingredient)
- Cut any larger beetroots in half and add to a bowl with chickpeas, rocket and spring onions
- Dress with olive oil and vinegar
- Stir through crumbled feta and sprinkle with toasted seeds
Serves in 1 portion
- Lean meat or Alternatives0.5
- Unsaturated Spreads/Oils1
What was swapped?
Reduced fat feta was used instead of full fat feta
Try substituting chickpeas for other legumes like lentils, kidney beans or cannellini beans.
Add other vegetables to the salad like roasted pumpkin or sweet potato for more flavour and colour.