Better For You Burger Patties
- 500 grams lean beef mince
- 1 onion diced or grated
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 zucchini grated, squeeze excess moisture
- 2 tablespoons dried mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 400 grams tinned lentils rinsed and drained
- 2 slice multigrain bread
- Place mince, onion, grated carrot, zucchini, dried herbs and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- Roughly mash lentils with a fork and add to the mince.
- Wet bread with water and squeeze to remove excess moisture. Add this to the mince and use hands to mix until well combined.
- Shape mince into patties using a ½ cup measurement as a guide.
- Cook patties for about 10 minutes or until cooked through on a frypan or the barbecue.
- Assemble burger on a roll with your choice of salads.
Serves in 1 portion
- Lean meat or Alternatives1.5
Try using chicken or pork mince as a variation to beef burgers.
Add other mashed tinned beans like cannellini and kidney beans.