- 1 large wholemeal pita bread
- Spray olive oil
- 250 grams cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 lebanese cucumber halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves finely sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley thinly sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Spray the pita bread with olive oil and place on the lined tray. Sprinkle with sumac.
- Bake in oven, for 10-12 minutes or until crisp. Set aside on the tray to cool. Break into smaller pieces.
- Chop all vegetables – tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, onion, parsley and mint and place in a large bowl.
- In a small jug or jar, mix together lemon juice, olive oil and 2 teaspoons sumac.
- Add toasted pita to the salad and dressing. Toss to combine.