Pea, Mint and Ricotta Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions diced
- 2 zucchinis chopped into small cubes
- 500 grams frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 litre salt reduced vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 125g fresh riccotta
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Cook onion until softened.
- Add zucchini and frozen peas and cook for a few minutes until peas defrost.
- Add stock to cover and bring to the boil. (add a little more water if needed to cover the peas)
- Once boiling, add pepper and nutmeg.
- Reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped mint and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir through ricotta.
- Using a stick blender, process the soup until smooth. (Soup can be put through a sieve if a smoother texture is desired).
Serves in 1 portion
- Unsaturated Spreads/Oils0.5