Vegie Packed Oriental Rice
- Spray oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 500 grams fresh or frozen stir fry vegetables
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 300 grams cooked chicken shredded
- 4 spring onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoi sin or oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Coriander leaves optional
- Spray a large frypan or wok with oil and heat on medium.
- Beat eggs lightly with a fork and add to pan allowing them to cook. Remove from pan once eggs are set and slice into small strips.
- Heat oil in the same pan and fry the ginger and garlic for 1 minute until aromatic.
- Add vegetables and stirfry for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, cooked chicken, spring onions, soy sauce, hoi sin sauce and sesame oil.
- Stirfry for another 2 minutes until all ingredients are heated through.
- Just before turning the heat off, stir through bean sprouts.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander before serving if desired.
Serves in 1 portion
- Lean meat or Alternatives1.5
- Unsaturated Spreads/Oils1
Use pre-cooked microwave rice to cut down on prep time.
This rice dish is a great way to use up leftover grilled or roast chicken.
Ingredients can be substituted - use diced onion instead of spring onion and snow peas instead of bean sprouts.